Our professionals possess decades of “in the trenches” experience providing financial consulting, valuation, damages analysis, and expert witness services to law firms and corporate clients in patent, trade secret, trademark, trade name, trade dress, and copyright infringement matters.
IPFC has provided opinions and expert testimony in state and federal courts across the United States, as well as foreign jurisdictions, evaluating financial and economic damages in the form of lost profits, price erosion, reasonable royalties, convoyed sales, cost savings, feasibility of design around alternatives, unjust enrichment, and corrective advertising, among other areas.
Our professional experience spans a wide range of industries, including:
- Computer Hardware & Software
- Computer Networking
- Medical Devices
IPFC routinely advises and assists legal counsel in the various stages of the litigation process, including:
- Pre-litigation due diligence
- Case strategy and preliminary damages modeling
- Discovery and document requests
- Preparation of expert reports
- Evaluation of and responses to opposing expert reports
- Preparation for depositions of fact and expert witnesses
- Preparation of trial demonstrative exhibits
- Preparation of areas for direct and cross examination
- Expert testimony