Managing Director of IPFC Corp. with more than seventeen years of professional experience in financial consulting and valuation services. Focused on assisting clients with complex intellectual property damage analysis, commercial disputes, and valuations. Provided damages analysis, valuations, licensing negotiations, and financial consulting services to law firms and corporate clients in more than 100 major intellectual property litigation and complex business litigation matters. Significant experience in the identification of relevant market, financial, and economic information, the development of damage analysis and case strategies used in negotiations, arbitrations, and trial proceedings, along with corresponding analyses and conclusions for litigation matters and other financial consulting engagements. Assisted corporate clients in the valuation of their intellectual property assets, including market assessments, royalty rate assessments, and financial analyses that have been used to determine monetization strategies. Assisted clients with general business and valuation issues, including breach of contract, business interruption claims, shareholder disputes, and business valuations. Extensive experience in the real estate industry and the valuation of real estate assets and is a licensed salesperson in the state of Texas by the Texas Real Estate Commission. Provided expert testimony in federal courts and mediations throughout the United States.
Selected case experience:
- Baker Hughes Incorporated, et al. v. Daniel S. Homa, et al.
- Broker Genius Inc. v. Seat Scouts LLC, et al.
- Ce Soir Lingerie Co., Inc. v. Imagine Enterprises LLC
- Core Wireless Licensing S.A.R.L. v. Apple Inc.
- Core Wireless Licensing S.A.R.L. v. LG Electronics, Inc., et al.
- Fractus S.A. v. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., et al.
- Invitrogen IP Holdings v. Promega Corporation
- IpLearn, LLC v. Blackboard Inc., et al.
- KKG, LLC v. Reynolds Consumer Products Inc., et al.
- LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc., et al. v. Whirlpool Corporation, et al.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. v. JP Morgan Chase & Co., et al.
- Overture/Yahoo! v. FindWhat.com, Inc.
- Star Scientific, Inc. v. RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company, et al.
- VIA Technologies, Inc., et al. v. ASUS Computer International, et al.
The University of Texas at Austin
Bachelor of Arts in Economics (Finance Emphasis)
Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)